Who we are
The Board of Directors forms the executive body
The foundation is represented judicially and extrajudicially by the Board of Directors.
The members of the Board of Directors are:
- Birgit Rebmann, President
- Thea Ellspermann
- Hanspeter von Flüe
- Dr. Dietmar Moll
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Uppenkamp
The Board of Directors conducts the business of the foundation in an honorary capacity. Its duties particularly include:
- the investment and management of the foundation’s assets
- the allocation of the foundation’s funding
- the preparation of the annual financial statement and the report on the fulfilment of the foundation goal
- the exercise of shareholder and control rights with respect to companies belonging to the foundation’s portfolio
One of the duties incumbent upon the Board of Directors is to sustainably secure capital preservation for the Lipoid Stiftung, thereby allowing the foundation to conduct its charitable work on a lasting basis.
The distinctions of the Lipoid Stiftung include that it is able to identify and monitor projects while drawing from a global network of representatives as well as current and former staff members who are committed to projects for the benefit of the Lipoid Stiftung.